Sunday, May 17, 2009

AutismOne - Legal and Advocacy Training

I leave bright and early Thursday morning for Chicago with my dear friend Susan. I am so excited to be attending, for at least a few days, the AutismOne Conference. For those unfamiliar with AutismOne, it is a great event, held annually, and is one of the most comprehensive conferences out there.

On Thursday and Friday, we will be in sessions with the newly-established Elizabeth Birt Center for Autism Law and Advocacy. This training should further my knowledge of legal and advocacy issues relevant to ASD and help me to help our community. I serve on the Advocacy Committee of NAA-NY Metro and expanding our knowledge base will help us further our mission. I also recently did a full day continuing legal education seminar on school law, which focused largely on NYS issues, so I am hoping that I can expand on what I learned there. Thanks so much to Mary Holland for helping to make this opportunity happen!

I also am looking forward to the chance to catch up, however briefly, with friends from around the country. Unfortunately, I cannot stay for the whole conference and will head home on Saturday morning.

I will report more upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment