Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Henry blows me away!

Henry asked me a few days ago to set up a playdate next weekend (not this weekend when he knows he has other plans) with a classmate. Tonight, as we were doing homework, I mentioned that I needed to reach out to his friend's mom to set up the playdate. He looked at me and said, "No, forget it, it's ok, I don't need a playdate with 'X'" Hmmmm. I was suspicious. I asked if something had happened with 'X'. He said, "No, 'X' is still my friend, don't worry, I just don't want a playdate." A little while later, I raised the subject again and Henry admitted, "I don't think 'X' likes Bakugan so much anymore." Bakugan are (along with the PowerPuff Girls!) Henry's favorites. Wow, he realized that someone might not be interested in the same thing he is obsessed with. YOWZA!!! We had a talk about what he could do -- how he could ask his friend what he likes, how they could compromise, and Henry really seemed to get it. He later said that they could maybe play a board game together on a playdate. I am just sitting here, just blown away...

No comments:

Post a Comment